Tuesday 9 November 2010

Time to Start Finishing!!

I'm tired! I have a desire to finish so many of the things that I have started but I don't have the time and mostly the energy! Being back at work after maternity leave makes life so much busier.

Just thinking through the half finished projects maddens me and I really do want to finish them. I think that I will set myself some deadlines and try to stick to them and we'll see how it goes.

So first deadline is for Granda's dresser. Mum and I papered Charlie's room last night with stripy paper from Harlequin's What a Hoot range and it is fab!! So I must finish the dresser so it can go into Charlie's room too! Think I'll give myself a week!!! Already have the basecoat done so just have to do the top coat!



Here's a few of the things I actually have managed to finish recently!

My tea cosy & matching tea pot stand (no pic) I just recovered an old tea cosy using Heather Bailey fabric (I think). I'm really pleased by how it turned out and now my sister want a matching pair too!!






I have also recently started a flower arranging class and this is my first arrangement. It's all done inside a pumpkin which I thought looked great.


Really enjoyed tyring something new and we are going to learn how to make a Christmas Wreath and a garland which I'm really looking forward too.



So here's to deadlines and the hope that they will spur me on to actually finish something!!

No comments:

Post a Comment