Monday 3 August 2009

My First Quilt








I can't believe that I have actually finished my quilt for Charlie. I started it about 4 months ago but then he came along and put a spanner in the works! I'm really pleased with how it looks, although some of the stitching is more than a bit ropey! But Charlie won't notice! I love the Alexander Henry fabric and would love to make some more things with it.
I decided to make one after going to a geeky craft show with my other nerdy friend!! There were loads of quilts on display which were really modern and trendy and then I discovered Flickr! WOW!! There are millions of quilts on this site! I spent hours looking through them and finally was inspired to design my own. Now I know it's not fab and my quilting definately leaves a lot to be desired but for a first attempt I feel it's not bad! Hopefully as I make more I will become more skilled and they will begin to look more professional!
Just noticed the other day that the matt finish on my changing mat has gone shiny from use! Will know for again just to use the vinyl with the shiny finish to save any hassle. I fancy making one of those cot bumpers to match my quilt but not sure if I can manage it.

3 comments:

  1. Love the fabric and the colours too. Nice job for your first quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks great ! I had mums sewing machine out for my first tutorial the other day, Don't know if i will catch the sewing bug the words "natural aptitude" didn't really spring to mind!!! Simple stitching on a few layouts might have to do me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for visitng my family blog! Did you find me via Crazy Mom Quilt's comments? I actually have a sewing blog at:

    www.darlingday.blogspot.com

    I am keeping it private from most my family because the quilts are usually for them :)

    must add you to my sewing blog list!

    ReplyDelete