Friday 1 January 2010

Lou's Homemade Christmas

I made this wee book for my sister Louise. We had been watching Kirsty's Homemade Christmas and she had said that she liked it but missed the last programme. So I thought that I could make her a wee mini-book with the programmes recorded on DVD's inside the book. I also taped a few other Christmas cookery shows and added recipes.
There's a wee notebook inside so she can use it each Christmas for lists etc. I was quite pleased with the result and I think that she liked it. I wanted to make salt dough letters for the front but didn't have the time. The papers I used are from a free digital download I got last year from Shabby Princess. I don't think that this collection is still on their site but there are other great fee downloads.
I used a lot of gesso in this project, which I got off Ebay, to create the white edges. I have just started using it and love it. It's much more opaque than white ink and goes really far! A good investment.

I cut out the 'Lou' from felt and cross-stitched it onto the paper. I used my craft-robo to cut out Christmas and then embossed it with a glitter powder.


Louise had said that she liked the ribbon I used for my Christmas presents so I wrapped a load around a parcel tag and enclosed it in the back page.
Update on the to do list - have cut out all the pieces for Charlie's cot bumper, just need more quilting fabric for inside then I'm ready to sew!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, bout time something was updated on this site i need nice things to look at!!! Book for Louise looks fab i'm inspired to get back to my craft room, the past few weeks it has been too cold upstairs and too cosy on sofa in front of the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks McNurdy!!
    I have a few more bits to post so keep checking me out! Moving out this weekend hopefully so the posting will definately be sporadic!!
    See you soon for coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete