Saturday 21 January 2012

What I've been at!

I haven't blog anything in ages!! However I have been busy! Here's a few of the thing's I've been up to in the past 5months.

A crocheted dino hat for Charlie. Found the pattern on Etsy. It's by the Fuzzy Noggin (pattern) It was really easy to follow and I adapted it to make a flower hat for my niece.

Charlie and I also made a few salt dough decoration for gifts. He put his thumb print in the middle of each shape, which he loved, and then we stamp 'Merry Christmas' onto them. The only hassle was painting them but I quite liked them and think we'll try this again. I put the date on the back.


This is Charlie's finished quilt! Finally!! I bought the fabric in 2009 but only got round to starting it during the Summer 2011! Karen from Fiddlesticks Fabrics in Ballyclare helped me to sort out the design and make it. I really enjoyed it! I've appliqued a car on the back and quilted it with cars and buses! I'll upload a few close ups at some point!

It was great going to the classes as it meant I was able to get time to work on it. It's my first quilt and I'm pleased with how it turned out. Of course it's a bit rough round the edges, literally, in some places but thankfully Charlie can't quilt yet so hasn't noticed!!!

As you can see Charlie loves it though I'm terrified of him being sick on it!!





No comments:

Post a Comment