Monday 3 September 2012

Baby Project Boom!

The new baby will be here shortly - 3 weeks! Argh!! I think that is the best way to describe how I'm feeling!!  So I have been at a load of baby related projects.

I had crocheted a lovely soft, pastel baby blanket but then read a post about all baby things being pastel, so I thought that I would crochet a smaller but brighter blanket!

I fell in love with this pattern on Ravelry as all the projects looked gorgeous.  I was just on the lookout for some bright wool which I found on a recent trip to Dublin.  Here is the finished blanket...


I added a sort of granny stitch border around the edge of the blanket.  The first side a did is not that great but I couldn't be bothered re-doing it which I'll probably regret as it will annoy me!  Otherwise I love this pattern!  I think a scarf would look great in this style too, maybe in greys and creams.

The next project was re-covering the baby rocker.  We bought this for Charlie and he loved it but I hated the fabric from day one, but it was relatively cheap and was a great job.  I couldn't bear looking at it again so I set about re-covering it.

Before ...



I read a lot of different blogs about re-covering baby seats and quite liked the sound of the this tutorial from Ex Patria but when I started to follow her steps I just didn't have the skill to do it.  In the end I ripped the cover apart and sewed the fabric over the top of the different sections, then sewed it all together again.  

The hardest part was getting the slits for the straps in the right place, mine aren't really but they'll do the job.  Also the binding was tricky around the tight corners.  It was completed after a lot of stitch ripping!!!

After ...


It's definitely not perfect but I think it looks so much better.  Hopefully the baby enjoys it as much as Charlie did!

No comments:

Post a Comment