Wednesday 19 September 2012

Beanies and Owls!

I've been going a bit mad over crochet hats at the minute and I have made another little one for the baby using a pattern I found on Ravelry.  It's a pattern by Alli from Alli Crafts called Button Flap Beanie.  She has loads of lovely hats and crochet patterns on her website.


I used a variegated yarn for this wee hat.  I was worried it might be a bit girly because of the light teals however Ian thought the opposite!!  It just goes to show how different people view different colours.  As I used a 4mm hook instead of the 5mm advised in the pattern I added an extra 'growing' row and an extra row to add more depth.

This pattern in so easy and quite adaptable for different sizes.  I've already made two of these and can see a few more being made over the next weeks for various babies!

A friend of mine quite likes owls and I spotted a crochet pattern on Pinterest which I thought she might like.  However, she's not that confident at crocheting so I thought I would give it a go.

                                                                      Source: lovethebluebird.blogspot.com via Shirlie on Pinterest


The pattern is from Love the Blue Bird and is relatively easy to follow.  I had some difficulty creating the ears and it took a few goes until I got it rightish!  My eyes are definitely wonky, to put it politely, but it was my first go at a french knot!  The small one turned out better and it's eyes are matching!!  I made it using embroidery thread and turned it into a small brooch for my friend.  


I think that these wee owls would look great on a mobile, though I should practice those french knots of the baby will think owl's eyes are two different sizes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment